This Patented Underfilm exhibits durable technology made of pre-formed thermoplastic to create corner/edge bonds for BGA/LGA/CSP packages to the PCB. This quick and precise adhesive generates major improvements to the solder ball/joint and shock-drop reliability. If needing an underfill alternative for an application, PLACE-N-BOND™ Underfilm is the perfect solution.
For the application process, PLACE-N-BOND™ is supplied in EIA-481 Standard carrier tape and can be picked and placed using a custom nozzle with existing SMT feeders and assembly lines. The Underfilm gets placed during component placement. The films are geometrically precise for each application and give better volume and placement control over dispensed type systems such as Underfill.
Unlike underfill, PLACE-N-BOND™ bonding and gap fill happens during the reflow process, no secondary cure is required. The corner/edge bond doesn’t encapsulate all of the balls under the BGA/LGA device making it 100% re-workable. It can be stored in standard warehouse temperatures and has a 10+ year shelf-life.
This product has been fully tested. Drop test results show a significant improvement in solder joint/ball and shock-drop reliability. PLACE-N-BOND™ is RoHS certified can be applied in assemblies using standard Lead-Free reflow profiles.
Click here for the PLACE-N-BOND™ Underfilms Product Data Sheets:
Significantly Improve Solder Ball/Joint and Shock-Drop Reliability
- PLACE-N-BOND™ Underfilm technology reduces solder ball/joint fatigue failures.
- Integrates seamlessly in manufacturing processes utilizing existing SMT lines and tape and reel feeders.
- Tested and implemented on applications using Lead-Free solders and Lead-Free assembly processes.
- No additional equipment purchase necessary or machine maintenance required.
- No PCB pre-bake required.
- No additional cure cycle required.
- 100% re-workable.
- Long shelf-life
Other Successful Applications
- Electrolytic Capacitors
- Dam / Dam and Fill
- Hot Bar – Flex Circuits