This Patented Underfilm Technology of pre-formed thermoplastic corner/edge bonds BGA/LGA/CSP packages to the PCB to improve solder
ball/joint and shock-drop reliability. If needing an underfill alternative for an application, PLACE-N-BONDTM Underfilm is the
PLACE-N-BONDTM is supplied in EIA-481 Standard carrier tape and can be picked and placed using a custom nozzle with existing SMT
feeders on existing SMT assembly lines. Underfilm gets placed during component placement. The films are geometrically precise for
each application and give better volume and placement control over dispensed type systems such as Underfill.
Unlike the alternative underfill, PLACE-N-BONDTM Underfilm bonding and gap fill happens during the reflow process, no secondary
cure is required. The corner/edge bond doesn’t encapsulate all of the balls under the BGA/LGA device making it 100% re-workable.
It can be stored in standard warehouse temperatures and has a 10+ year shelf-life.
This product has been fully tested. Drop test results show a significant improvement in solder joint/ball and shock-drop
reliability. PLACE-N-BONDTM is RoHS certified and can be applied in assemblies using standard Lead-Free reflow profiles.
Significantly Improve Solder Ball/Joint and Shock-Drop Reliability
- PLACE-N-BONDTM Underfilm technology reduces solder ball/joint fatigue failures.
- Integrates seamlessly in manufacturing processes utilizing existing SMT lines and tape and reel feeders.
- Tested and implemented on applications using Lead-Free solders and Lead-Free assembly processes.
- No additional equipment purchase necessary or machine maintenance required.
- No PCB pre-bake required.
- No additional cure cycle required.
- 100% re-workable.
- 10+ Year shelf-life
Click here for a Data Sheet – PLACE-N-BONDTM™Underfilms